Specified params for Login funciton

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

dmitry.kalashnikov

Specified params for Login funciton

Post by dmitry.kalashnikov » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 am

Hello to all!

I'm trying to connect to Vault Server through SOAP.
Could you tell me what are the params such as:
- strEncryptedPassword
- strRMKey

and how can I get it? How should I encrypt the password? Through md5 using the public key or how?

Thank you!

jeremy_sg

Re: Specified params for Login funciton

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 am

I would encourage you not to go through SOAP, but to use our integration libraries instead. You can see examples of using the integration library at: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewforum.php?f=31

What are you trying to do?
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog

dmitry.kalashnikov

Post by dmitry.kalashnikov » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm

jeremy_sg wrote:I would encourage you not to go through SOAP, but to use our integration libraries instead. You can see examples of using the integration library at: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewforum.php?f=31

What are you trying to do?
I'm trying to use SOAP cause I'm working with Delphi and don't know how to use your integration library with Delphi code. Maybe you have some thoughts? If no, then please hint me about these params. Thank you.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 am

I'm not quite sure how you would do it, but this might be a good place to start:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2588 ... hi-program

As for the login parameters, the usual question after "how do I login directly to the web service?" is "how do I actually do stuff?"

I know that the answer to the second one is much more complicated, which is why I'm reluctant to give the answer to the first one.

What operations are you specifically needing to do? Can you just call the command line client?

dmitry.kalashnikov

Post by dmitry.kalashnikov » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:48 pm

jeremy_sg wrote:I'm not quite sure how you would do it, but this might be a good place to start:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2588 ... hi-program

As for the login parameters, the usual question after "how do I login directly to the web service?" is "how do I actually do stuff?"

I know that the answer to the second one is much more complicated, which is why I'm reluctant to give the answer to the first one.

What operations are you specifically needing to do? Can you just call the command line client?
Ok, I have a good questions to you.
Do you have a Win32-version of your integration library? Cause .NET version isn't satisfy our basic requirements (using Vault in Delphi7).

Regarding my current work with SOAP. I used your WSDL(.../VaultService/VaultService.asmx?WSDL) and generated SOAP API. Here is the example of the class:

Code: Select all

Login = class(TRemotable)
  private
    FstrHostname: WideString;
    FstrHostname_Specified: boolean;
    FbUseFullFiles: Boolean;
    Fusername: WideString;
    Fusername_Specified: boolean;
    FstrEncryptedPassword: WideString;
    FstrEncryptedPassword_Specified: boolean;
    FstrRMKey: WideString;
    FstrRMKey_Specified: boolean;
    FstrAuthToken: WideString;
    FstrAuthToken_Specified: boolean;
    procedure SetstrHostname(Index: Integer; const AWideString: WideString);
    function  strHostname_Specified(Index: Integer): boolean;
    procedure Setusername(Index: Integer; const AWideString: WideString);
    function  username_Specified(Index: Integer): boolean;
    procedure SetstrEncryptedPassword(Index: Integer; const AWideString: WideString);
    function  strEncryptedPassword_Specified(Index: Integer): boolean;
    procedure SetstrRMKey(Index: Integer; const AWideString: WideString);
    function  strRMKey_Specified(Index: Integer): boolean;
    procedure SetstrAuthToken(Index: Integer; const AWideString: WideString);
    function  strAuthToken_Specified(Index: Integer): boolean;
  public
    constructor Create; override;
  published
    property strHostname:          WideString  Index (IS_OPTN) read FstrHostname write SetstrHostname stored strHostname_Specified;
    property bUseFullFiles:        Boolean     read FbUseFullFiles write FbUseFullFiles;
    property username:             WideString  Index (IS_OPTN) read Fusername write Setusername stored username_Specified;
    property strEncryptedPassword: WideString  Index (IS_OPTN) read FstrEncryptedPassword write SetstrEncryptedPassword stored strEncryptedPassword_Specified;
    property strRMKey:             WideString  Index (IS_OPTN) read FstrRMKey write SetstrRMKey stored strRMKey_Specified;
    property strAuthToken:         WideString  Index (IS_OPTN) read FstrAuthToken write SetstrAuthToken stored strAuthToken_Specified;
  end;
I don't want to use the commandline client cause it's so sloooow...(e.g. operation check out the file takes about 5-8 seconds).

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 am

Do you have a Win32-version of your integration library?
No, we're .Net only.

Most of the pain in the CLC comes from having to log in an out for every command. Perhaps you could write a long-running process that stays logged in, and communicate with it using COM.