No GetWorkingFolderAssignments results

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

smartbear

No GetWorkingFolderAssignments results

Post by smartbear » Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 am

A customer is running our client and we're not getting any results back from GetWorkingFolderAssignments. I've attached a Vault client api log that has some errors in it. Any idea what's going on? She also says, "The files you had me generate look like they are confirming my suspicion. I have a non-standard "CacheLocation" set up for vault (because my C drive isn't big enough, which I think is kind of funny) but anyway, the XML file that was referenced in the vault log (settings.xml) is saying that it's looking at the default cache location, not the location set in the registry. Let me know what you think - maybe I'm jumping to conclusions." I've also attached her settings.xml file.

Eric
Attachments
settings_45001_xml.txt
custom cache location settings.xml file
(561 Bytes) Downloaded 523 times
ccollab_vault_45001_log.txt
vault client log
(49.91 KiB) Downloaded 480 times

shannon

Re: No GetWorkingFolderAssignments results

Post by shannon » Fri May 08, 2009 10:22 am

Any setting that the Vault GUI client stores in the registry is stored separately in the settings.xml when calling the java api because the java api could be running on a non-Windows platform. So, if she set the cache location in Vault, it was stored in the registry and the java api has no idea that value exists. You can copy that path into the settings.xml and then the java api can make use of it.

The first errors are just encryption having trouble and retrying, it happens sometimes, I wouldn't worry about it. The other errors look like java is running out of memory. I have no ideas on that, sorry.