Fortress Item Tracking

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

c4103

Fortress Item Tracking

Post by c4103 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:16 am

Hello,

I am developing an internal webpage for my company for submitting issues with our software. We use Fortress for our source control, so I have been using the API to pull pertinent information regarding the submission in question. My question is; is there a way to use the API to access the same information displayed in "item tracking" in the Fortress online interface? In this section, each item has a 5 digit ID, modified date, modified by, type, description, priority and status. Basically, when tech support reps here submit an issue report, I want the ability to be able to attach a fortress item to their submission. The reason I am doing this is because the tech support reps do not have their own fortress logins. They are not allowed to access the Fortress online interface. Therefore, I will have a separate webpage with an internal login that pulls up all their submitted issues. On this page, I would like to display the status of the fortress item that is attached to their issue. I have been experimenting with the API, and have successfully used it to pull down a list of folder names inside a repository, but I am clueless as to how to access the item tracking information. Can anyone help?

shannon

Re: Fortress Item Tracking

Post by shannon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 am

Assuming that you're using ServerOperations to log in, you'll want to look at ItemTrackingOperations.ProcessCommandListFortressItemFullDetails(itemId)

MantisItemFullDetail.Status will give you the status of the item.

Try starting there and let me know what other questions you come up with.