Error trying to pull files from Vault

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

cruest

Error trying to pull files from Vault

Post by cruest » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:11 am

I'm getting the following error trying to pull some files via the API:

System.Exception: The working folder state information for C:\\Documents and Settings\\cruest\\Application Data\\Temp\\P8-XL\\PRMD_APL is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exception was: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.\r\nParameter name: ticks\r\n at VaultClientIntegrationLib.GetOperations.ProcessCommandGet(String[] objectPaths, GetOptions getOptions)\r\n at VaultIntegration.AllegroVaultClient.GetFile(String vaultPath, String localPath) in C:\\Projects\\SetApp\\VaultIntegration\\Vault.cs:line 703"

It's really weird as I essentially have 3 identical directory structures. Two work fine, this one results in this error. I'm stumped...

Beth

Re: Error trying to pull files from Vault

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

The first thing you could try with this would be to rename your client-side cache. Details on how to do that are posted here, but do a rename instead of a delete: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513.

After that, try your API function again and let me know your results.

If it fails, then I'd like you to try a new working folder for your get.

If you've had a network failure recently while Vault was updating behind-the-scenes information, you could see an error like this.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support