CLI RENAME and COMMIT

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

ymett

CLI RENAME and COMMIT

Post by ymett » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:09 am

I'm using Vault 7.2.0 and and I'd like to make various changes including file renames, and then commit them, using the command line. The COMMIT command takes a list of files to commit, which works fine for changes but doesn't seem to work for renames - neither the original name nor the new name work. How can I specify the rename to be committed?

Also the help claims that -verbose provides more information about modified files in the change set which were omitted from the transaction - but it appears to have no effect.

jclausius

Re: CLI RENAME and COMMIT

Post by jclausius » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:03 pm

You could try to do the rename using the -COMMIT option during the rename operation itself, and that will commit the rename change set item automatically.

Otherwise, it appears as if you will need the change set item's ID. Using LISTCHANGESET, you should be able to see the id of rename, to commit just that item, use the integer ID as the argument. For example: vaule.exe -server ... -repository ... commit 1

The -verbose option will report any change set items on checked out files that were meant to be committed, but were skipped due to various reasons. For example, the checked out file was not modified and the option is to leave unmodified files checked out. Or the file is checked out but missing.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

ymett

Post by ymett » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:42 am

Thanks, that works.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:34 am

Glad that worked out.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear