HowTo Perform GetlatestVersion() through API

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

impact79

HowTo Perform GetlatestVersion() through API

Post by impact79 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:27 am

Hello,

i am new to the Vault API and have questions about how to accomplish a GetLatestVersion on a Repository subfolder.

Logging in into the server and setting the active repository already works, but how do i continue from here ?

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks,
impact79

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:41 am

Which version of Vault are you using?

holdera

Post by holdera » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:24 pm

I used the get method of the ClientInstance object found in VaultClientOperationsLib. It is overloaded to work on a file, a folder or an array of files. I used the folder version to update all my files at once. make sure you understand what all the parameters do.

I didn't check the file out first or change its working directory, so it replaces all my local files with the most recent from the server. This is what I want, provided I am not currently working on anything in that directory. The params let you specify what to do with modified local files

Code: Select all

myClient.Get(searchFolder,true,true,MakeWritableType.MakeAllFilesReadOnly,SetFileTimeType.Current,MergeType.AttemptAutomaticMerge,null);

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:02 pm

I've tried this but I always get the error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path".

I tried passing in the last variable also to no avail... here's my test code I was trying just to see if I could get it to work:

Sub Main()

Dim Client As New VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance()        
        Client.Init(VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.AccessLevelType.Client, "c:\Temp")

Client.Login("<<myserver>>", "<<myuser>>", "<<mypassword>>")

Dim Ri() As VaultRepositoryInfo
        Client.ListRepositories(Ri)

For Each Bleh As VaultRepositoryInfo In Ri
            If Bleh.RepName = "Default Repository" Then
                Console.WriteLine("Default Repository found, Id=" & Bleh.RepID)                
                Client.SetActiveRepositoryID(Bleh.RepID, Client.Connection.Username, Bleh.UniqueRepID, True, False)            
            End If
        Next

Dim Vf As VaultClientOperationsLib.VaultClientFolder = Client.Repository.Root.FindFolderRecursive("$/ETA2/Interfaces/FTI Weekend Update/")

Dim Cb As New VaultClientOperationsLib.PromptForOverwriteCallback(AddressOf Temp)
        Dim Op As New VaultClientOperationsLib.OverwritePrompt(MergeType.OverwriteWorkingCopy, Cb)

Client.Get(Vf, False, True, MakeWritableType.MakeAllFilesWritable, SetFileTimeType.Current, MergeType.OverwriteWorkingCopy, Op)

End Sub

Function Temp() As Boolean
        Return True   ' :P
    End Function
I also tried this as the client.get line from another post I saw here passing in a null for the last option... am I missing setting a path somewhere, and if so, where?:

Client.Get(Vf, False, True, MakeWritableType.MakeAllFilesWritable, SetFileTimeType.Current, MergeType.OverwriteWorkingCopy, Nothing)
We're currently using 3.5.1 (4786)

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:51 am

Try removing the trailing slash from the folder path.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:16 am

Tried that, it still gets the same error on the Client.Get line which is "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path"

It appears to be downloading a bunch of config files and information from the vault but never completes the operation.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but the references I've included on the project are VaultClientNetLib, VaultClientOperationsLib & VaultLib. I didn't see where I was using anything outside of those.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 am

It's also possible that you're trying to do a get on a folder that doesn't have a working folder set. Try setting the working folder first.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 am

You're correct, after looking through the object browser I figured out how to set the working folder. Below is the final example code snippet that works for posterity. Thank you for your assistance, it's much appreciated!

Imports VaultClientOperationsLib
Imports VaultLib

Module Module1

Sub Main()

Dim Client As New VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance()        
        Client.Init(VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.AccessLevelType.Client, "c:\New")

Client.Login("<<myserver>>", "<<myuser>>", "<<mypassword>>")

Dim Ri() As VaultRepositoryInfo
        Client.ListRepositories(Ri)

For Each Bleh As VaultRepositoryInfo In Ri
            If Bleh.RepName = "Default Repository" Then
                Console.WriteLine("Default Repository found, Id=" & Bleh.RepID)                
                Client.SetActiveRepositoryID(Bleh.RepID, Client.Connection.Username, Bleh.UniqueRepID, True, False)            
                Client.TreeCache.SetWorkingFolder("$/ETA2/Interfaces/FTI Weekend Update", "C:\New")
            End If
        Next

Dim Vf As VaultClientOperationsLib.VaultClientFolder = Client.Repository.Root.FindFolderRecursive("$/ETA2/Interfaces/FTI Weekend Update")

Client.Get(Vf, True, True, MakeWritableType.MakeAllFilesWritable, SetFileTimeType.Current, MergeType.OverwriteWorkingCopy, Nothing)

End Sub

End Module