Requests: 3-way folder diff & 3-way shell extension

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

Robert Webb

Requests: 3-way folder diff & 3-way shell extension

Post by Robert Webb » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi,

Great program! I've been looking for a good free diff program that could handle folder diffs for a while.

Two things I'd like to see:

- 3-way folder diff/merge. Found a need for this today. I'd like to specify 3 folders full of C++ code, 2 of which are derived from the third.

- I also noticed that if I select 3 files and right-click, no option to compare them appears on the menu in explorer. It should offer to do a 3-way diff. Similarly if I add files to the list via the explorer menu, there's no way to do a 3-way diff.

Thanks,
Rob.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:08 am

Thanks, I'll log this as a feature request.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Robert Webb

Post by Robert Webb » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks.

Also, forgot to mention that I would almost always use this program just to see diffs rather than merging, and usually don't care which way around the files are, so I'd rather skip the initial dialog where files are chosen when starting the program from explorer. When selecting two files in explorer and chosing to diff them, the only point of that dialog is that it gives you a chance to swap the file order. I'd like to see a tick box on there to skip it in the future. I'd rather see a button in the main interface for swapping the files (goes for 3-way diff too, especially if you support selecting 3 files in explorer to diff with).

Rob.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Thanks for the additional comments.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager