How to prevent .orig files from being created

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

HotKewlAid

How to prevent .orig files from being created

Post by HotKewlAid » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:35 am

Every time I resolve a merge conflict, there are .orig files that are created in the directories that I have to manually delete. Is there a way to prevent these from being created?

Beth

Re: How to prevent .orig files from being created

Post by Beth » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Are you using this with another tool, such as integrated with source control? If so, what are your options that are configured and with which tool?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

HotKewlAid

Post by HotKewlAid » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:28 am

I am using Sublime Text 3 with the Sublime Git plugin for basic git commands. If there is a merge conflict I created a short cut to I can run git mergetool from my terminal window to launch your program to resolve the conflict. I am not aware of any settings available to me from the Sublime git plugin.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am

Have you checked what the git mergetool does with the files? If it pulls the versions it needs into that location before passing them to DiffMerge, then that would make sense. DiffMerge doesn't make copies of files. It only loads what it is told to and diffs.

When you configured DiffMerge, what did you enter in for options? Can you show a screenshot of where you configured it?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support