El Capitan?

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

doncl

El Capitan?

Post by doncl » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:13 pm

So, I've just updated to El Capitan, and diffmerge no longer works. I tried downloading the pkg, and the installer, or OSX, or somebody says that it's not made for El Capitan and 'may damage your system'.

obviously, I decided not to click through all that.

What's the story? Is DiffMerge orphaned? Should I try to get meld working, or (shudder) SourceTree, or what?

I just need some sort of graphical diff and merge conflict resolution tool that works reasonably well with git.

Please just let me know; if you've abandoned development and support for this product, that's fine. If an update for El Capitan is forthcoming, that's great; please...whatever ETA you've got, however tentative, I'd appreciate knowing.

Beth

Re: El Capitan?

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:00 pm

We haven't performed any tests with that OS version yet. I'll look into it and post back.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

MrJre

Post by MrJre » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:51 am

I'm experiencing errors since I've moved to El Capitan. I am able to use it, but not without getting a huge error dialog which I have to dismiss every time. It is very annoying. I really hope this gets fixed soon, as its a great tool to use.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

Could you post the error you are getting?
Beth Kieler

MrJre

Post by MrJre » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:42 am

wxWidgets Debug Alert

de_de__patch.cpp(230): assert "(m_bPatchHighlight[kSync])" failed in isPatchAVoid(): Coding Error

Call stack:
[00] wxString::wxString(wchar_t, unsigned long)
[01] wxString::wxString(wchar_t, unsigned long)
[02] wxString::wxString(wchar_t, unsigned long)
[03] wxTimer::wxTimer()
[04] wxEventFunctorMethod<wxEventTypeTag<wxUpdateUIEvent>, wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, wxEvtHandler>::wxEventFunctorMethod(void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvtHandler*)
[05] wxEventFunctorMethod<wxEventTypeTag<wxUpdateUIEvent>, wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, wxEvtHandler>::wxEventFunctorMethod(void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvtHandler*)
[06] wxEventFunctorMethod<wxEventTypeTag<wxUpdateUIEvent>, wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, wxEvtHandler>::wxEventFunctorMethod(void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvtHandler*)
[07] wxWakeUpPipe::~wxWakeUpPipe()
[08] wxWakeUpPipe::~wxWakeUpPipe()
[09] wxWakeUpPipe::~wxWakeUpPipe()
[10] wxWakeUpPipe::~wxWakeUpPipe()
[11] wxWakeUpPipe::~wxWakeUpPipe()
[12] wxFloatingPointValidatorBase::~wxFloatingPointValidatorBase()
[13] wxWakeUpPipe::~wxWakeUpPipe()
[14] wxLabelWrapper::~wxLabelWrapper()
[15] wxFontMapperPathChanger::~wxFontMapperPathChanger()
[16] wxFontMapperPathChanger::~wxFontMapperPathChanger()
[17] wxFloatingPointValidatorBase::~wxFloatingPointValidatorBase()
[18] wxAffineMatrix2D::~wxAffineMatrix2D()
[19] wxICONResourceHandler::~wxICONResourceHandler()
[20] wxBaseArrayChar::Item(unsigned long) const
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.
It occurs when I select 'Replace with this' specifically from the right mouse click menu.

sylvainvh

Post by sylvainvh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:46 am

Hi,

Just to say that I've the same problem than @MrJre.

I've this error when I try to insert a modification.

I've OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11
Version of DiffMerge: 4.2.0 (697:52f98c4fcb) [intel] stable

Best reagards,
Sylvain

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:13 pm

I have an update to DiffMerge with an updated installer you can try out. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler

doncl

Post by doncl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Moreover, could someone at sourcegear actually try installing your .pkg file on El Capitan? The system will complain, and suggest that installing diffmerge will 'hurt your system'.

Can you please confirm/deny this behavior? This is not hard to repro; you just need the .pkg installer and El Capitan.

I'm not going to install your product on El Capitan again or try to use it until this is fixed, no matter how benign it is. This is a commercial product, that I paid good money for a license. You should have tested on El Capitan betas long ago.

I would be glad to fork out for an upgrade fee, if you would handle this professionally, like a real commercial software product. The current approach feels like freeware that I paid money for for.

If I'm going to have to spend an iota of time configuring diffmerge to work on El Capitan, I would rather spend that time getting meld to work for me, since that's the tool I prefer. The reason I paid money for diffmerge was to be saved the effort.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:40 pm

The updated DiffMerge with the installer update has been tested in house against El Capitan by QA. I also went ahead and found a machine myself to update and run it on. I can't find anything wrong in the Installation of .pkg or .dmg with this update.

There will be an official release with this fix shortly.
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:35 pm

UPDATE:

To avoid any confustion, the update I'm referring to solves the issue of getting DiffMerge installed on El Capitan.

The other issue posted here by MrJre is still being investigated, but the current work around is to use the tool bar or menu shortcut commands.
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm

We have released an update for support of El Capitan. This includes the installation problem as well as the assertion encountered by MrJre.

Check out this post: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 33&t=22558 for a link or go to our downloads page.
Beth Kieler