Registration dialog appearing, even when registered

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

Bombo

Registration dialog appearing, even when registered

Post by Bombo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:26 am

Hey guys,

Really great product! I love Diffmerge and use it on a daily basis (and lobbied for it with many of my colleagues ;) ), so I've decided to get registered.

Surely no big deal, but I still get the registration dialog when firing up DiffMerge now and again.

Version: 4.2.0 (697:52f95c4fcb) [x64] stable

Tonya

Re: Registration dialog appearing, even when registered

Post by Tonya » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:10 pm

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear that you chose to register DiffMerge.

When you registered the product, you should have received a registration key. Did you receive a key via email? If so, did you install it on your machine? When you randomly receive the registration notification are you by any chance using DiffMerge on a different machine?

Thanks,

Tonya

Bombo

Post by Bombo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:21 am

Yeah, I should've mentioned that in my initial post. :D

Yes, I've entered the registration key and it is displayed as "valid". I think I've entered the key on three different machines (work, laptop, home), but mostly only use one of those at a time. Yesterday I had the dialog pop up several times (hence the report) and at that time, I definitely only had my work machine running.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:07 am

Hello again,

Your DiffMerge registration is not device specific, so you can install the registration key on multiple machines (which it sounds like you've already done?). Can you please confirm you've installed the registration key on each device? You should also be able to run each machine simultaneously. Could you please email me a screenshot of your registration key on the device that is giving you problems? By selecting Tools, Registration. You can email it to "support@sourcegear.com".

Thanks!

Bombo

Post by Bombo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:45 am

Yepp, I've entered the key on each device.

Will send you a screenshot shortly.

Bombo

Post by Bombo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:26 am

Just for visibility to everyone:

Stupid me hasn't typed in all the letters from the registration key and didn't realize, the "valid" string is there all the time but grayed-out and only becomes solid, when the key is in fact valid.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks for updating the forum. We need to make it a bit more clear when a user enters an invalid key. I will get this logged.