Notes and suggestions...

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

ESCromartie

Notes and suggestions...

Post by ESCromartie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:27 pm

First of all, THANKYOU!!! javascript:emoticon(':D') This is a godsend, as I am often syncing files from multiple computers long after I last worked on them.

The following may already be there, but I cannot find them:

I need to be able to copy selected missing files to either side by pushing a button after a folder compare.

I need to be able to delete selected unwanted files from either side by pushing a button after a folder compare.

It would be nice to see file dates under the file paths on the file compare screen. I am willing to give up the screen space for this.

I need to be able to easily copy text by push button to either side in the file compare window.

Other than these, I love this program!!!
Edmund S. Cromartie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:15 pm

I need to be able to copy selected missing files to either side by pushing a button after a folder compare.

I need to be able to delete selected unwanted files from either side by pushing a button after a folder compare.

It would be nice to see file dates under the file paths on the file compare screen. I am willing to give up the screen space for this.
I'll log feature requests for this functionality.
I need to be able to easily copy text by push button to either side in the file compare window.
There isn't a button, but you can move text between files by right clicking on the area that is highlighted as different, and selecting "Replace with this," "Prepend with this," etc.

Thanks for the kind comments about SourceGear Diff/Merge. :)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

puncha

Post by puncha » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:10 pm

There isn't a button, but you can move text between files by right clicking on the area that is highlighted as different, and selecting "Replace with this," "Prepend with this," etc.

Thanks for the kind comments about SourceGear Diff/Merge. :)
I think what he wants is the same as mine. Currently, DiffMerge only supports to move texts from left file to the right one. But I also need freely move texts from/to either side. Additional, if there is one or more buttons in the toolbar will be also appreciated.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:48 am

Ok, I'll add this to the feature request.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jeffhostetler

Post by jeffhostetler » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:24 am

....There isn't a button, but you can move text between files by right clicking on the area that is highlighted as different, and selecting "Replace with this," "Prepend with this," etc.
...Additional, if there is one or more buttons in the toolbar will be also appreciated.
There is a toolbar button. It is the one with the page with the arrow pointing to the right. It is enabled when you click on a change (and it is bounded by a dotted rectangle).

With 3.0.2 (or the version bundled with vault 4.0.2+ or fortress 1.0.2+), you can also use ALT+RightArrow when a change is highlighted.

j

kevinpostlewaite

Re: Notes and suggestions...

Post by kevinpostlewaite » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:35 pm

ESCromartie wrote:I need to be able to copy selected missing files to either side by pushing a button after a folder compare.
I would like to second this request.

-Kevin