DiffMerge crash

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

Sergey Katsyuba

DiffMerge crash

Post by Sergey Katsyuba » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:14 am

Hi,

When comparing files, there is a vertical bar on the left showing a differences between files. This bar has a slider (or thumb, I'm not sure how it's correctly called) which the user can drag with a mouse up and down to scroll contents views.

To crash DiffMerge drag that slider up; it doesn't move as it's already in its top position, but continue to move mouse pointer up to the top of a screen. After the mouse pointer crosses the top boundary or a vertical diff bar DiffMerge crashes.

By the way, the software is great, I like it very much.

Best regards,
Sergey Katsyuba

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks for catching that. It's most certainly an odd error. I'll get this logged.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 am

Are you using Vault or just the DiffMerge standalone? I think the one packaged with Vault 4.1.1 has that fixed and that the error is still present in the stand-alone and the previous versions. I just checked it out myself as well and couldn't make the error happen to the DiffMerge in Vault 4.1.1.

If you don't have Vault, or are on a very old version, you can download and install the Vault 4.1.1 to a machine that doesn't have Vault on it and just grab the DiffMerge from that install. It will run fine separate from the Vault installation. If that's not possible for you, send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this thread.

I would expect that fix to get rolled into the next stand alone release.

jeffhostetler

Re: DiffMerge crash

Post by jeffhostetler » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:28 am

A quick post to close this issue.

This bug was fixed in 12/2007 and included in the 5/30/2008 DiffMerge 3.2.0 stand-alone release and the
various Vault/Fortress releases made since January.

See also: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9067

jeff

12748 13256