Cannot check in files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
aprole

Cannot check in files

Post by aprole » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 am

After having a couple of files checked out non-exclusively with a team member, I tried to perform an undo checkout on my two files (the same ones that she was working). While having the files checked out I changed their names and added a couple of other files to the project. I ended up deciding to postpone those changes to a later date, so I changed the name of the containing folder to save (The files were still checked out at this point). So then I went to undo checkout from the vault client to get a fresh version of the files. The files that were checked out had my name listed in the checkout column and my team member's name twice, even after she checked in her files. On her account and the admin account, it said that only I had the files checked out. But on my account, my name was there and her name twice in the checkout column.

I probably shouldn't have messed with changing the filenames and directories while the files were checked out, since that must've been confusing for vault. Is there any way to fix this? I was thinking of reinstalling the vault client, but I have files checked out in other projects and I'm afraid I may lose the changes for them.

thanks,
alex

lbauer

Re: Cannot check in files

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 am

Did you already commit these changes or are they sitting in the Pending Change set of your Vault Pro GUI Client?

If so, you can right click each transaction in the pending change set and select "undo."

Let me know if this does not resolve the problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

aprole

Post by aprole » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Yes, I chose undo for all of the relevant change sets, but it did not solve the problem.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 am

What specifically remains as the problem?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

aprole

Post by aprole » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:37 pm

In the vault client, when I right click on the affected files, check in and undo checkout are grayed out. When I try to check out the files from the vault client, it says I already have these files checked out and it won't let me check them out. From the visual studio enhanced client, the checkout option is grayed out, but check in is available. When I try to check it in from here, it says there were no items found for check in. So as a temporary solution, I manually set the two affected files to writable, and now they are listed as renegades.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 am

I'd suggest deleting the client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close any open clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

aprole

Post by aprole » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 pm

This worked, thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear