Working folder bug

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
ajj3085

Working folder bug

Post by ajj3085 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:14 pm

I think I found a minor bug.

I have a folder which has a working folder inherited from it's parent. In testing my CI build script locally, I need to set the working folder via one of the build tasks (more on this in a separate post). The folder is the exact same folder it was before, but the Inherited part is gone (it's now explicitly set).

I've found that if I open the solution in VS again after the working folder, I'm told I need to rebind, work offline, or remove the bindings permanately. None of these options make sense to me; the working folder in fact has not changed (it was c:\path\solutiondir when it was inheriting, and it's still c:\path\solutiondir after being set explictely). I think Vault should be smart enough to know the path didn't change.

Thanks
Andy

Beth

Re: Working folder bug

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 am

To view your bindings in Visual Studio, go to File - Source Control - Change Source Control or File - Vault Source Control - Change Bindings. It's possible that the bindings point to a different path and inherit from there.

The bindings are hard coded to the project and the Vault GUI client is not able to make changes to that. Only VS has that capability.

I can put in a feature request. In the meantime, the work-around would be to rebind your project in VS.

Can you tell me which client you are using inside of VS? That is found under Tools - Options - Source Control - Plug-in. Is it the Vault Enhanced Client or Vault Classic Client?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Beth,

Rebinding isn't really an option; the change is temporary just because I happen to be testing my build script locally. But normally I'd want to keep the inherited working folder.

I'm using the Enhanced client with VS2010. It's the client I would should be smart enough to notice the path hasn't changed. I opened the binding as you suggest, and it looks as I expect.

Andy

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 am

I've logged a feature request on this.

F: 15811
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Great, thanks!