Undo check out permissions

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
TelmoSilva

Undo check out permissions

Post by TelmoSilva » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:01 am

I need to allow one user to undo check outs for other users.

Currently the only that can do this is those users that are in the fixed User Group "Admin". However putting the user in this group will give him unrestricted access to all repositories (in addition to security and other settings).

As it so happens if the admin (me) is not available I need someone else to be able to undo check outs in case of multiple workstations/damaged , urgent modifications, users moving, etc.

Can you please help ?

lbauer

Re: Undo check out permissions

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 am

You could make this user a repository admin. This setting is in the Admin Web Client under Source Control Repositories->(Repository name)->Repository Access. Edit the user rights to be Full Admin. This gives the user full rights over repository settings, but not over Server Settings. It may still be more rights than you care to give, since they will be able to modify folder security as well.

I'll log a feature request for the ability to give Undo Checkout rights to users without admin rights. In the meantime, consider giving repository admin rights to someone you have confidence in.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

TelmoSilva

Re: Undo check out permissions

Post by TelmoSilva » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Sounds good. I will give it a try to see if the user still has the ability to undo check out for other people and will let you know if it meets the objective.