Unable to connect

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
myoungbl

Unable to connect

Post by myoungbl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 am

I am using The Vault 5.0, single user. The SQL server and the IIS server both reside on my workstation. I also use OnTime. The Vault is installed on the IIS 4 server. There is a IIS6 server, but only an FTP site is there.

Everything had been working fine, but this morning,I could not connect to the Vault server. I got this long message:

Unable to connect to http://***.***.local/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 500.0 - Internal Server Error</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;background:#CBE1EF;}
code{margin:0;color:#006600;font-size:1.1em;font-weight:bold;}
.config_source code{font-size:.8em;color:#000000;}
pre{margin:0;font-size:1.4em;word-wrap:break-word;}
ul,ol{margin:10px 0 10px 40px;}
ul.first,ol.first{margin-top:5px;}
fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}
.summary-container fieldset{padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:4px;}
legend.no-expand-all{padding:2px 15px 4px 10px;margin:0 0 0 -12px;}
legend{color:#333333;padding:4px 15px 4px 10px;margin:4px 0 8px -12px;_margin-top:0px;
border-top:1px solid #EDEDED;border-left:1px solid #EDEDED;border-right:1px solid #969696;
border-bottom:1px solid #969696;background:#E7ECF0;font-weight:bold;font-size:1em;}
a:link,a:visited{color:#007EFF;font-weight:bold;}
a:hover{text-decoration:none;}
h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
h3{font-size:1.4em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#CC0000;}
h4{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 5px 0;
}#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS",Verdana,sans-serif;
color:#FFF;background-color:#5C87B2;
}#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}
.summary-container,.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}
.config_source{background:#fff5c4;}
.content-container p{margin:0 0 10px 0;
}#details-left{width:35%;float:left;margin-right:2%;
}#details-right{width:63%;float:left;
}#server_version{width:96%;_height:1px;min-height:1px;margin:0 0 5px 0;padding:11px 2% 8px 2%;color:#FFFFFF;
background-color:#5A7FA5;border-bottom:1px solid #C1CFDD;border-top:1px solid #4A6C8E;font-weight:normal;
font-size:1em;color:#FFF;text-align:right;
}#server_version p{margin:5px 0;}
table{margin:4px 0 4px 0;width:100%;border:none;}
td,th{vertical-align:top;padding:3px 0;text-align:left;font-weight:bold;border:none;}
th{width:30%;text-align:right;padding-right:2%;font-weight:normal;}
thead th{background-color:#ebebeb;width:25%;
}#details-right th{width:20%;}
table tr.alt td,table tr.alt th{background-color:#ebebeb;}
.highlight-code{color:#CC0000;font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;}
.clear{clear:both;}
.preferred{padding:0 5px 2px 5px;font-weight:normal;background:#006633;color:#FFF;font-size:.8em;}
-->
</style>

</head>
<body>
<div id="header"><h1>Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE/VAULTSERVICE"</h1></div>
<div id="server_version"><p>Internet Information Services 7.0</p></div>
<div id="content">
<div class="content-container">
<fieldset><legend>Error Summary</legend>
<h2>HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error</h2>
<h3>Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "L:\ceedo\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_filter.dll" failed</h3>
</fieldset>
</div>
<fieldset><legend>Detailed Error Information</legend>
<div id="details-left">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr class="alt"><th>Module</th><td>IIS Web Core</td></tr>
<tr><th>Notification</th><td>Unknown</td></tr>
<tr class="alt"><th>Handler</th><td>WebServiceHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0</td></tr>
<tr><th>Error Code</th><td>0x8007007e</td></tr>

</table>
</div>
<div id="details-right">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr class="alt"><th>Requested URL</th><td>http://it-2.gcpms.local:80/VaultService ... x</td></tr>
<tr><th>Physical Path</th><td>C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultService.asmx</td></tr>
<tr class="alt"><th>Logon Method</th><td>Not yet determined</td></tr>
<tr><th>Logon User</th><td>Not yet determined</td></tr>

</table>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
</fieldset>
</div>
<fieldset><legend>Most likely causes:</legend>
<ul> <li>The path to the ISAPI Filter is incorrect.</li> <li>IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.</li> <li>IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.</li> <li>IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.</li> <li>The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.</li> </ul>
</fieldset>
</div>
<fieldset><legend>Things you can try:</legend>
<ul> <li>Ensure that the path to the ISAPI DLL is correct.</li> <li>Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web server's machine account.</li> <li>Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.</li> <li>Verify the permissions for the DLL.</li> <li>Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66439">here</a>. </li> </ul>
</fieldset>
</div>

<fieldset><legend>Links and More Information</legend>
This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error.
<p><a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID= ... 6002">View more information »</a></p>
<p>Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:</p>
<ul><li>294807</li></ul>

</fieldset>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

No idea what to do with it. Help please?

Thanks.

Marshall

myoungbl

Re: Unable to connect

Post by myoungbl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 am

I tried to go the web admin page for Vault, and got an error there too. It was unable to load the following module:

L:\ceedo\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_filter.dll

L: is an external drive I keep for personal use. I've installed .Net framework 2.0 on it unser Ceedo, but did not think anything I had installed directly to my PC would need to reference anything on the drive that is not running under the Ceedo context. I have no idea why the vault is looking there for that .dll, but plugging the drive back in fixed the problem.

So now I need to know haw to change the reference to look on C: instead of L:.

Thanks.

Marshall.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:03 am

What is the OS of the server you are using?

What version of SQL Server do you have?

Which frameworks do you have under C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

myoungbl

Post by myoungbl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 am

Have Vault and SQL Server 2005 installed on my local workstation which is running Vista Ultimate.
My framework versions are:
v1.0.3705
v1.1.4322
v2.0.50727
v3.0
v3.5
v40.30319

I still need to find out why vault is looking on L: drive for aspnet_filter.dll. I retried re-registering to my lock version. but it would not register. So I'm guessing there is a setting somewhere for it's location, or maybe the framework's location in general.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:10 am

Rather than just registering the DLL, let's try unregistering and re-registering the 2.0 .Net framework. At a command prompt, run the following:

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -u
When that completes, run:

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support