Another login problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Beth

Re: Another login problem

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:39 pm

The domain login prompt is what is causing the problem. Usually that only shows up when either anonymous access is not set on a website or the account that anonymous access is set to use can't login.

What is the OS on your Vault server?

If you're using Windows 2003 Server, you will right-click vaultservice and select Properties. Click on the Directory Security tab and click the top Edit button. Then you will see a window like what I have in my screenshot I've attached. Check that anonymous access is set and which user is used for anonymous access login.

If nothing seems out of the ordinary there, then you might also check file security right on the vaultservice.asmx file while inside the IIS manager. It could be that just that file is affected. The File Security tab in the vaultservice.asmx properties will look the same as for the vaultservice folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

donemail

Post by donemail » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 am

Beth that worked and everything seems to be ok but before I can use that client I get this message:
The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The request failed with the error message:
--
<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="%2fVaultService%2fVaultWeb%2fLogin.aspx%3fReturnUrl%3d%252fVaultPro%252fDragnetWebService.asmx">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

I also get this message when I initially click on "View Vault Pro Work Items"
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Don

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Check the other virtual folders for Vault and the DragnetWebService.asmx in the IIS Manager for the same issue with logging in. Then let me know your results.
Beth Kieler

donemail

Post by donemail » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 am

That corrected the issue.

Thanks for your help.
Don

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 am

Thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear you are working again.
Beth Kieler