Feature Request: Checked-Out Files and Disabled Users

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
AjarnMark

Feature Request: Checked-Out Files and Disabled Users

Post by AjarnMark » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 am

Please consider adding a feature to the User Maintenance screen such that the action of Disabling a user account would search for and at least display a list of files (paths with repository) that user currently has checked out, and even better, provide me an option to forcefully undo the checkout of those files right then.

Beth

Re: Feature Request: Checked-Out Files and Disabled Users

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:51 pm

We have a couple features that might get you what you need. Try these suggestions and let me know if they work for you.

1) You can force an Undo Check Out through the Vault admin web page. Expand the repository on the left and click Undo Check Out. You will see the user is listed with the check out, so you can select just specific check outs to force an undo on.
undo check out.JPG

2) You can use the search function on the Vault GUI client to come up with a list of items checked out by a particular user. You can't undo from there, but it would provide you a list to help you in performing the undo check out.
checked out by.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:13 am

Yes, I have used both of those in the meantime; however it would be more convenient if there were at least a warning, if not the additional capabilities on the user maintenance screen. In our situation, I have a dozen repositories, and a user may be working in any of them, so it becomes a bit tedious to do the manual search just to find out whether they had anything checked out that needs to be addressed.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 pm

I see what you mean. I've logged a request. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 15982
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support