Bug Report: Orphaned Checkout after branch of shared file

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Virgil Smith

Bug Report: Orphaned Checkout after branch of shared file

Post by Virgil Smith » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:00 am

I just received a Vault support request from one of my users that he had a file in an odd state.

The file was showing as being checked out in the repository viewer, but did not appear in his 'Pending Change Set', and "Undo Checkout" was not available/selectable in the right-click menu.

His path to this state was that he had a shared file that he checked out and then branched. The "current location", i.e. the newly branched/created/no-longer-shared file then showed as not being checked out (or maybe he immediately checked it in, he does not recall). However, the locations containing the original shared file still showed the file as being checked out (though it did not appear in his 'Pending Change Set' as mentioned above).

If he changed the Working Folder the file would then appear in his 'Pending Change Set' with a status of "Checked Out, Missing".

I simply performed an "Undo Checkout" through the Admin interface to get "him" out of this state, but it did leave confused for some time.

Version Information: Vault Professional 5.1.1 (19216)
same version on server and client.

lbauer

Re: Bug Report: Orphaned Checkout after branch of shared fil

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 am

I was able to reproduce this. Strange.

I've logged bug 16080 in our bug tracking database. It will be evaluated for an upcoming release of Vault.

Thanks for the report!
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager