Vault 6 Request

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Xavier

Vault 6 Request

Post by Xavier » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:28 am

Hello

I hope Vault 6 is comming soon :-)

Meanwhile, two ideas:

it would be great, as an option, to have the comment of a check-in sent as the object of the notification; it would avoid to open the mail (often doing that by phone) to look at the comment. More concise is much better (I don't mind the repository)
also, define the developer that made the check in, as the mail emitter. I often reply to check in with remarks, it only ease this process.
replace
emitter: notifs@xx
subject: [vaul-...] developer as changed $

by
emitter: developer@company.com
subject: CLEANUP: removed some warnings

I safely drops such check ins !

Best regards

Xavier
Best regards

Xavier

lbauer

Re: Vault 6 Request

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 am

Thanks for the suggestion! Those are good ideas, especially since more and more users are using smartphones and pad devices to read email.

I've logged feature request 16271 for this functionality. It will be evaluated for an upcoming release of Vault.

Vault 6 is currently in Preview 2. We're re-designing notifications in the Vault GUI Client and Visual Studio.

Details here:

http://www.sourcegear.com/preview/Vault6Preview2.html

If you don't want to install the entire Preview 2 on a test machine, you can install the Vault 6 client and connect to our Vault 6 demo server, vaultpro6demo.sourcegear.com. Vault standard users can use vault6demo.sourcegear.com. Users are guest1, guest2, etc. with password the same as the username.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager