Thin Client Issues (Vault Pro 6)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
kayessaych

Thin Client Issues (Vault Pro 6)

Post by kayessaych » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am

Hello!

Where I work, we do not have physical PC's. We use thin clients. The machine I'm on changes from day to day and my preferences are loaded up at log on. Since Vault checkouts seem to be tied to the user name and machine name, this causes problems.

One more detail; the location of the working folder never changes. It's on a network location and is always referred to as "H:\Vault". So I am not losing my working folder daily. It is consistent.

Do you guys know of any work around to this? A way to not tie it to the machine?

We have one option. We could change our team to use the same machine every day - however, this is not a preferred solution since it causes lowered performance and increased maintanence time. It may even require some new licenses but I'd have to confirm that.

Thank you!

Beth

Re: Thin Client Issues (Vault Pro 6)

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Checkout location is tied to a specific machine. Files would have to be checked in before you could switch to a different machine.

You might also set your cache and backup locations to be in the working folder so that any client can retrieve that information. That is set in Vault Tools - Options - Local Files and under Cache Location and Backup Location.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support