Comment in Vault Pro 7.1

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
mag

Comment in Vault Pro 7.1

Post by mag » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:58 am

We startet using Vault Pro 7.1 with Visual Studio 2013 yesterday. But there is something wrong or something I don't understand regarding comments.

First I check out a file and type the check out comment "check out 1".
I do not change the file and commit it with the change set comment "commit 1".
The comment "commit 1" seems to be skipped as the file did not change and the comment in history is still "check out 1", so far so good.

Then I edit the file, forcing Visual Studio to implicitly check out the file.
Now I commit with the change set comment "commit 2".

If I look into the history of the file I would expect the last comment to be "commit 2", but it is still "check out 1".

Is this a bug or do I missundestand how comments should work?

The Problem is for migrating from Visual Studio 2010 I checked out the whole solution, not only the Project files. Now every time I edit and commit files for the first time my change set comment is ignored and the comment at the file that changed is "check out before Migration to VS 2013".

What can I do so that the change set comment will be applied to an edited file, instead of the old check out comment from before which has nothing to do with the change?

mag

Re: Comment in Vault Pro 7.1

Post by mag » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:06 am

I solved the problem using the Vault Pro Client:

First I checked out all files again, selected all items and then did a right click: "Edit Item Comment...".

After deleting the item comments and commiting the changes it seems that the change set comment is shown in history.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am

I've reproduced what you are seeing and have logged a bug.

To get around this, you can clear out your baselines (_sgvault) and the cachemember_changesetcomments. Details on where to find these is posted here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6.

More information about clearing things from the cache can be found here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513.

F: 8876
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:52 am

Sorry, just now saw your post. Your method of removing the check out comment is fine as well.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support