Trial 7.1.0 Backup/Restore Problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
MPDickinson

Trial 7.1.0 Backup/Restore Problem

Post by MPDickinson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 am

Hi,

I've setup Sourcegear as a trial on the following hardware:

Windows 7 Pro x64 machine
2GB RAM
500GB HDD

Sourcegear Vault 7.1.0
SQL Express 2012

Everything seems to have been installed ok as far as I know.

I created a new repository, added a couple of files, did a backup then deleted the new repository with the intention of restoring from the backup as a quick test but it just doesn't restore..

click on the DB I want to restore, popup appears saying 'overwrite all data in the database' with OK and Cancel options

click OK it asks me for a SA password, press OK and it doesn't seem to do anything, click where the password is the press Enter
Pressed Enter.jpg
A Warning window appears saying Warning : backing up database can take some time. Would you like to continue? below this is a circling cursor with the text Please wait while the server creates the backup... meanwhile the older SA Password popup is still has front focus.

I press OK on the very bottom OK button and the screen reverts back to the Admin Window in Vault, click on the 'Source Control Repositories' on the left pane, it refreshes but there is no new restored repository.

I've looked at the SGVault error log (Below) in Windows\temp\sgvault but tbh it means nothing to me.

----18/03/2014 09:56:36 admin--fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10(fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10)--SSL Disabled Uncaught Exception: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
Inner Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
----18/03/2014 09:56:36 admin--fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10(fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10)--SSL Disabled at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Inner Exeption Stack Trace: at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultAdminServiceAPI.Restore(VaultRestore vRestore)
at VaultService.BackupRestore.ButtonOK2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
----18/03/2014 09:56:36 admin--fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10(fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10)--SSL Disabled System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultAdminServiceAPI.Restore(VaultRestore vRestore)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultAdminServiceAPI.Restore(VaultRestore vRestore)
----18/03/2014 09:56:36 admin--fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10(fe80::74d7:23eb:bcc0:8de9%10)--SSL Disabled Error.aspx page generated an exception!: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lbauer

Re: Trial 7.1.0 Backup/Restore Problem

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:59 pm

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager