Files in limbo !

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BigBrett

Files in limbo !

Post by BigBrett » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:31 am

I need some serious help now !

I was deleting existing files from a folder prior to sharing files from another folder when SQLServer 2005 ran out of disk space for tempdb. The delete transaction failed and was supposed to roll back but the folder does not show any of the files that should have been there had they not been deleted. If I try to add files back into that folder I get a transaction failure "An item with the same name or object id already exists".

Now I'm stuck with a folder that only shows 1 file (the one and only file that I wasn't deleting) yet the supposedly deleted files still exist somewhere so I can't get my folder back to the state it was in before all this happened.

I have restarted SQLServer which cleaned up disk space.

Regards,
Brett

lbauer

Re: Files in limbo !

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 am

Check your pending change set to see if any of the transactions are there. If so, undo them.

If there's nothing there, I'd suggest deleting the client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close any open clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:54 am

You are a life saver !

I hadn't even thought of looking at the pending change set as I was in such a panic. I have now undone the delete and my files are back again.

Many thanks,
Brett

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Glad that worked for you. :D
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager