Upgrade 6stan to 7pro: could not get public key from server

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Russell.Lum

Upgrade 6stan to 7pro: could not get public key from server

Post by Russell.Lum » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 am

I have looked all over the forums and found similar threads but still not able to solve. Everything installed correctly. I had to create VaultService and VaultPro and SGDav as applications in IIS. I had a dns name routing to it in the old version which now requires the additional path of /vaultservice (no big deal). How do I get the client to connect?

I cannot locate the RSA/Machine keys directories and I turned on debug daily logging but it is not writing out yet.

Please help

Beth

Re: Upgrade 6stan to 7pro: could not get public key from ser

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Check this location %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys . If you don't have that path, then I'll need to know the OS that you are installing on.

I also don't understand the method you claimed to have used. You shouldn't have to manually create the applications in IIS. Was this a straight upgrade, or did you move Vault to a different machine?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Russell.Lum

Post by Russell.Lum » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Got it to work -I installed it over Vault 6 and used all of the same settings. Found that the security on the folder user using VaultAppPool IIS user and I using a custom named app pool. Put that into the security on the folders and it is now working.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear you are working again.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support