Email notifications do not work with Vault Pro 7.x

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
strubs

Email notifications do not work with Vault Pro 7.x

Post by strubs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 am

Hi,

after upgrading to Vault Pro 7 (7.1.0.32028) the email notifications do not work anymore. All events are properly subscribed in the GUI Client. I already had a look in the server log and found this entry:
----03.04.2014 08:42:54 --()-- The Plugin at http://127.0.0.1/VaultNotifyService/Vau ... rvice.asmx was not called with Event CheckOut List Change. Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

I did not change any server configuration manually and sending a test email works just fine.
Could anyone help me with this?

Regards
Matthias

lbauer

Re: Email notifications do not work with Vault Pro 7.x

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 am

The test email tests connection to the mail server, but in this case the Vault notification web service isn't reachable.

The first thing to do would be to check the plugins to make sure they are configured properly:

Here's our guide to configuring plugins:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=21347

Let me know if this does not resolve the problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

strubs

Post by strubs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:15 am

Thanks for your quick answer. I've read the guide. All my plugins are configured properly. The .asmx files are shown up correctly in the browser if I click on the "Test Web Service" link.
Since I get the error "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized", I think it must be an issue of authentication. I should mention by the way that we are using Active Directory integration.

Regards
Matthias

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 am

The Plugin at http://127.0.0.1/VaultNotifyService/Vau ... rvice.asmx was not called with Event CheckOut List Change. Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

I was able to reproduce this error when I disabled Anonymous Authentication for the VaultNotifyService web site.

However, got an error when trying to hit the URL.

Still, the next step would be to check in IIS and verify that VaultNotifyService has Anonymous Access enabled.

Send me a copy of the Notifications log. It is called vaultnotifyservice.txt and is in C:\Windows\Temp\SGVaultNotify.

Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

strubs

Post by strubs » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:54 am

Perfect! That's the solution! Everything is working now. Even the "Find in Files" Feature, where I had the same issue. We don't need to analyze the log files anymore. Thanks a lot for your help :D.

Regards
Matthias

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks for the update. We're happy to hear you're working.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support