Web interface woes

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BigBrett

Web interface woes

Post by BigBrett » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:29 am

We recently installed Vault Pro 7.2 after long use of 6.x and find that the web interface changes are a step backwards in that the work item forms and the query page (although they have some nice improvements - particularly the date picker on the query page) are no longer intuitive, or have no logical layout, and in some cases, particularly the query page, take a lot longer to work with than previously.

Can we please have an option in some future version to revert to the 6.x style web interface.

Regards,
Brett

Beth

Re: Web interface woes

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:48 am

I've logged a feature request on being able to choose the query page style. On the form, you can configure the form to look how you prefer. Take a look at the admin web page and Design Item Tracking Forms. Can to make the form look how you want with that?

F: 17901
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:10 am

The actual item tracking form is sort of okay, what I am referring to is the associated commits (and attachments, etc.) which are now in a column to the right of the item details. These used to be inline with the details (and we could have comments following commits when code was reviewed) and there is no way I can see to do that again as the form designer has no reference for these.

The form also only uses 75% of my available screen width so I have a large empty space on the extreme right of the form.

Our development team has expressed their preference for the form design as it was in 6.xx so we would really like an option to go back to that design.

Regards,
Brett

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:53 pm

I've updated the bug to better reflect what you had to say in your last post. Thank you for the update.

F: 17901
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support