Message when checking in a file

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
iain.waddell

Message when checking in a file

Post by iain.waddell » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:45 am

I have a file which is actively maintained in one repository and a read only copy is stored in a different repository.

Ideally I'd like to be able to share the file between repositories but AIUI that's not possible.

Is there a way to have a message pop up when I perform a check in on a specific file or folder?

If so, I could set the message to remind me to update the other repository.

Iain

Beth

Re: Message when checking in a file

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:26 pm

It's possible to get a post about checking in, but it wouldn't be useful for what you want to do, because you can't set it for only particular files. You can have it watch just particular folders though. If you want to try it, you will set up Notifications in your Vault GUI client (Tools - Options - Notifications), but make sure to use the Application Notifications instead of the Email Notifications. Then keep your Notifications window open to watch for entries there.

I think one way of dealing with this might be to make a share and then share into it the files you have in another repository. Then just watch that shared folder. Then you would only get notified with something in that folder was updated.

We don't have a way to configure the notifications to tell you to check the other repository.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support