Vault 8 features

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
rsboe

Vault 8 features

Post by rsboe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:20 am

So now I see you have a preview of the OSX/Linux client - any other info you can give us on what's in Vault 8, and when it can be expected?

Thanks
Richard

jclausius

Re: Vault 8 features

Post by jclausius » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:50 am

Richard,

The Vault GUI Client for OS X and GTK Linux is the big feature of Vault 8. Some of the other notable features include:
  • A dockable File Properties Viewer to display all of the info of a singly selected file in the Windows GUI Client
  • Custom External Programs allows users to configure the tool to be invoked for Diff, Merge, View and Edit based on file extension in the Windows GUI Client
  • Double click in the Windows GUI Client can now invoke Diff
  • Performance improvement when Windows GUI configured to show Ghosted Folders
  • Hide cloaked folders from the Repository Explorer in the Windows GUI
  • A new command in the Vault Command Line Client to find labels starting at a particular folder
There are a number of other bugs also logged which we should be addressing in the release. Things like renaming a file that includes a comma, Command Line Client now reads chunked encoding setting, tweaks to the Web Admin Tool for Undo Check Out, etc.

There will be more details once coding has completed, and the release has been turned over to QA.

Vault 8 is tentatively due out near the end of Dec. 2014.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:38 am

Jeff - thanks for the quick reply, and I look forward to hearing and seeing more nearer the time. We've been really impressed with Vault the last 2 years we've been using it.

Regards
Richard

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 am

Richard,

We're glad Vault has been a part of your development process. I'll have more to share about Vault 8 in the upcoming weeks.

Thank you for choosing Vault.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear