Slack and Vault

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
rsboe

Slack and Vault

Post by rsboe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:51 am

Don't suppose anybody (at Sourcegear or elsewhere) has worked on an integration with Slack (www.slack.com)? Quite a few other source code systems work with it, would be nice if Vault could too.

I'm thinking that notifications from Vault ("Joe checked 8 files in") would appear in a nominated Slack channel.

Or pointers on what would be involved in developing this ourselves would be helpful.

Richard

Beth

Re: Slack and Vault

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 am

We haven't looked at it here yet. I can put in a feature request.

What are you getting with integration with Slack? Is it for getting notifications of what people are doing, such as when check ins happen?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:56 am

Beth - yes, exactly that. I get that via email notifications at the moment, but having it integrated into Slack would be much nicer and more useful.

Richard

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Have you looked at our Application Notifications? Rather than relying on email, you could see the changes in action in our Notifications window either with the Vault GUI client or inside of Visual Studio.

I'll still put in the feature request, but using the Application Notifications might be a work-around.

F: 18058
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

rsboe

Post by rsboe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks, I will have a look at notifications in that window - the thing about Slack is that it keeps them in a centralised, searchable view which also serves as a project archive.

Richard

dkimery

Post by dkimery » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Has this had any progress? I use Slack with Git all the time and would love to see this work for Vault too!!! :D

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 am

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We have not implemented any integration with Vault/Slack. But I will make sure to add your vote to the feature request we have logged.

Tonya