Repository names

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
jwbowers

Repository names

Post by jwbowers » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 am

We have nearly two dozen existing repositories in our Vault database, and we use a hyphen in our standard repository naming convention. Some time after upgrading to Vault Pro 7.2.1.30265, I added a new repository and was surprised to see this error message after tabbing away from the Repository Name field: "This field can only contain alpha numeric characters and spaces". I reluctantly substituted a space for the hyphen in the name and finished creating the new repository.

From the list of repositories along the left-hand menu, I clicked on the newly-created repository. To my surprise (and delight), I was able to change the name of the repository from this screen to include a hyphen.

This seems like a bug, and obviously the database will allow hyphens in the name. I hope the unnecessary restriction can be removed from the "Add Repository" dialog in the next release.

Beth

Re: Repository names

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:58 pm

I haven't run into any cases where you could rename the repository to have a hyphen. I will check into this and get back to you.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Re: Repository names

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 am

I had the same issue happen. I will log a feature request for the developers to investigate this.

In the meantime, underscores are valid.

F: 17942
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support