Mergeable File Types

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Brandie

Mergeable File Types

Post by Brandie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Within our organization we have decided that we do not want to have the ability to merge any files.

To ensure that would not happen I deleted all the of file types from the 'Mergeable Files' of the repository settings. Now when attempting to check out a file it throws an error.

Is there another way to disable file merging that will not cause errors?

Also can someone please attach the default list so that I can add it back to my settings.

Thanks!
Brandie

Beth

Re: Mergeable File Types

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:51 am

You can require exclusive locks in the repository settings inside the Vault admin web page. That will prevent merging.

If you are on Vault 7.2 and later, you should be able to remove all the extensions.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Brandie

Post by Brandie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:08 am

I am using a trial license for Vault 8.

This is the error messages that I get when I remove all the extensions:

[1/9/2015 9:03:29 AM] Local file update for $/Task Audit Report/Code by engine (original).docx failed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VaultClientOperationsLib.TreeCache.IsFilenameMergeable(String filename)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.DoesFileNeedEOLNormalization(ClientInstance ci, VaultClientFile file, Int32& nTargetEOL)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileContentsFromDelta(VaultClientFile file, String deltaFile, Int64 baseVersion, Int64 targetObjVerID, UInt32 targetCRC, Int64 targetSize, Boolean bCheckToCleanupBaselineFiles)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)
[1/9/2015 9:03:32 AM] Version Check: An error occurred when trying to retrieve version.xml file from the SourceGear website

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:53 pm

I've reproduced the error now and will get a bug logged. While I research this further, could you enter in a dummy extension just so there is something there? In my test, I entered .aaa as the only mergeable extension.

F: 18051
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support