Service Unavailable

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
janky

Service Unavailable

Post by janky » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:29 am

Newly installed Vault Profession Server 8.0.1, the installation process went fine without any error. When tried to launch the admin page, things went wrong as following :

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

What am i supposed to do?

jclausius

Re: Service Unavailable

Post by jclausius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:20 am

What is the URL in the admin browser's page? Is it valid for the host computer running the Vault Server?

Check your Vault Server's Application Event Viewer for any errors.

Also, check IIS's Application Pools. The Vault 8 install should create some Application Pools related to a variety of Vault services. Are those App Pools running?

My guess is there will be no Vault Server log as Vault is not being invoked yet as there is something about your setup causing IIS to return 503.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

janky

Post by janky » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:50 pm

jclausius wrote:What is the URL in the admin browser's page? Is it valid for the host computer running the Vault Server?

Check your Vault Server's Application Event Viewer for any errors.

Also, check IIS's Application Pools. The Vault 8 install should create some Application Pools related to a variety of Vault services. Are those App Pools running?

My guess is there will be no Vault Server log as Vault is not being invoked yet as there is something about your setup causing IIS to return 503.

The admin browser's page I use is http://localhost/VaultService.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:58 am

Open your IIS Manager and look at the website that holds the vaultservice application. Is the website stopped?

Next check under Application Pools. Is the vaultapppool started?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support