Vault 9 merge woes?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
HankB

Vault 9 merge woes?

Post by HankB » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:31 am

We've recently upgraded to Vault 9 Pro (9.0.0 30452) and I am trying to merge two branches this morning. I am really having a difficult time with this. There are files that have been modified in only one branch and only some of the changes are making it to the destination. I've merged twice so far and I'm going to try a third and turn automatic merging off so I can manually go through merged files and make sure all of the changes make it to the destination.

I've merged several times in the past (Vault Pro 8 ) and never had this difficulty.

Is there some setting or choice that I've overlooked that could causer this?

thanks,
hank

Edit: Some examples from the merge tool:
Line added in the file to be merged is left out of the result by default:
Capture.PNG
Second example, lines deleted form the file to be merged are not deleted in the result.
Capture-01.PNG
Edit 2:
There were files that differed and changes from the source were not merged. At this point I have no choice but to abandon the merge tool and do a complete manual merge outside Vault.

This is really bad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Re: Vault 9 merge woes?

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:18 pm

I will need to see more details about what is going on before I can say what is happening here. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support