Shared file not appearing in PC folder

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
JohnBot

Shared file not appearing in PC folder

Post by JohnBot » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:54 am

Hi

Beth very kindly walked me through how to manage "shared" files in a VS project in April last year. When I say "shared" I mean that in VS projects I create a link to the file.

I need to add a new "shared" file now which is accessed by several solutions and have followed the last parts of her instructions however, after I share the file using the Vault client, it does not actually appear in the target folder(s) so that I can include it in the VS project.

These are the instructions I am following (the tail end of actually getting all of the solutions into Vault in a suitable fashion):

Before doing these instructions, I have added the new file to my "Shared Source Files" folder on the PC and in Vault.

11) Go to Vault and Share the files you were linking previously into the appropriate location in the project.
12) In VS, Include the shared files to the project. <== This is where the file does not exists for me to include
13) Check in changes.

Many thanks

John

Beth

Re: Shared file not appearing in PC folder

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Did you perform a Get on the file in the Vault client? Try adding that step in before adding it to your project.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

JohnBot

Post by JohnBot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 am

Thank you Beth, sorted!

Best wishes

John

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:09 pm

You're welcome.