Repostory Tree not being displayed

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
wwdabbs

Repostory Tree not being displayed

Post by wwdabbs » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:58 am

My company has recently upgraded to Vault 9.1.0. Two of our users are having an issue where the Repository Tree window is blank. For example, the startup the Vault Client and log on to the sever. After a few seconds the window Repository window "flashes" as though it's being updated, but instead of seeing the tree structure of the repository a blank frame is displayed.

To work around the problem the quite the Vault Client and restart. After 3 or 4 tries the repository is displayed properly.

The problem appears to be with the client installation on these uses computers. There are no indications that the server is having any problems. For example, I'm able to log on to the server as one of the users and not have a problem displaying the repository.

Suggestions for troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated.
Last edited by wwdabbs on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beth

Re: Repostory Tree not being displayed

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:19 am

Start with the suggestions in this KB article and let me know your results: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=22633.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

wwdabbs

Post by wwdabbs » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 am

We tried the recommendations; but, are still seeing the same issue. Not all of our users are having this problem (2 users of 8 are having this issue); so, I'm inclined to think the sever is running correctly.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:03 am

From the KB article, numbers 1, 2, 6, and 7 are all client-side things.

Have one of the users try renaming their entire client-side cache. To do that close Vault and VS, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Sourcegear\Vault_1 and rename Vault_1, then open Vault and login. If the user can view the tree, then we know we need to look at which piece of the cache is the problem. If they still can't see the tree, then we need to go a different route.
Beth Kieler

wwdabbs

Post by wwdabbs » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:25 pm

They did try Resetting the repository cache; and, that did not solve the issue. Would that perform the same test as renaming the cache folder?

Also, the client doesn't always fail to display the tree. The users are currently restart the Client until the repository tree is displayed to work around the problem.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:42 pm

They're not entirely the same. I can't identify where to start troubleshooting without just renaming the entire thing and then seeing the results.

If a user gets to the point where they can see their tree, then have them immediately turn off the "Request Database Delta On Repository Cache Miss" mentioned in the article in the link above, and have them uncheck any ghosting options set in the Vault Tools - Options - General.
Beth Kieler

WBeatty

Post by WBeatty » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Beth,

I am now having the same issue after I import a repository from VSS to VAULT yesterday. Prior to the import, I could see all the other repositories just fine. I tried doing the suggestions you gave the other users and I am still not seeing any repository trees on my machine.

HOWEVER, if I logon on someone else's machine I can see the tree. I also tried renaming the client cache and that didn't help.

Thanks,
Bill

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Do you get an error when you don't see the trees?

Do you see $?

When the list of repositories comes up, are you specifically clicking on the repository you want? The repository you choose should have an obvious blue highlight.
Beth Kieler

WBeatty

Post by WBeatty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 am

I do not get an error when I don't see the trees.

I do not see the $ sign.

I have tried selecting each of my repositories with no luck on any of them. All blank.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:23 am

Try using the Vault web client at http://<your Vault server>/vaultservice/vaultweb. Select a repository and see if a tree comes up there. If you don't see it in the web client either, then it would be a security setting issue, and your folder security needs to be checked.
Beth Kieler

WBeatty

Post by WBeatty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:28 am

Yes, I see everything from the web client.

WBeatty

Post by WBeatty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 am

Now this is really scary. After viewing from the web client, I went back to the desktop client and logged in and now see the trees.

????

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm not really sure what to say about that. Post again if they disappear again.
Beth Kieler

WBeatty

Post by WBeatty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks. It's all working fine now. Very strange.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler