SourceGear Vault Standard Command Line Client

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
VaultQuestions

SourceGear Vault Standard Command Line Client

Post by VaultQuestions » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 pm

SourceGear Vault Standard Command Line Client :

• I would like to Pass the ID to the CHECKIN command line

• We have had great success with using the SourceGear Vault Standard Command Line Client
[ http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/9. ... nt/clc.htm] to do commands like CHECKIN / CHECKOUT / LABEL. Is there a way to Choose additional Vault Professional Work Items during the CHECKIN process?

• If I was doing this by hand in Vault I would highlight one of my 'checked in' items and click the ‘Commit’ button. Then I would Click the little Finger Icon for “Choose Additional Vault Work Items”. This gives me a list of Items with an ID / Type / Description / Status / etc. that I can check off.

Thank you for your time

Beth

Re: SourceGear Vault Standard Command Line Client

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:06 pm

We currently can't pass in a work item number during a check in on the CLC, but I have added your vote to a feature request for that.

What you can do to get around this is to check in first, then go to the Web Client and add the associated commit to the work item.

If you're using the command-line client for cross-platform reasons, then you could try using our cross-platform GUI client if you're on Vault 8 or 9.

F: 15593
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

VaultQuestions

Post by VaultQuestions » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Thanks for reviewing my post Beth.

The main goal is to cut down on human error and speed up the build process.

-Using Power Shell we run batch files that have us doing lots of great things Vault via the CLC and changes in Visual Studio. I would like to automate the way we connect the CHECKIN with the item created in Vault using the cross-platform GUI client you recommended. We are using Version 9.0.0.30452 of Vault. I am not sure if you are referring to the cross-platform GUI as the Web Interface or the Local program/source control for vault.

If I open the Vault Web Interface and look down to the Associated Commits section it seems like I can enter Checkin information here. Is this where you are recommending I link the item to the checkin?

Thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:07 am

If I open the Vault Web Interface and look down to the Associated Commits section it seems like I can enter Checkin information here. Is this where you are recommending I link the item to the checkin?
Yes. That is what I am referring to.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support