Problems with repository path and working folder

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
JohnBot

Problems with repository path and working folder

Post by JohnBot » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 am

Hi
I have a folder structure like this:

Source
proj1
proj2
solution1
solution2

and so on. I have added 2 new projects (proj3 and proj4), shared between 2 solutions but one or the other kept showing a "files are missing on disk" icon on both solutions.

It appeared that when it was added to Vault, for some reason it decided that $/Source was its repository path instead of $/Source/proj3 (or $/Source/proj4).

Now, using the Vault client, if I try to set the working directory for Source/proj3 it refuses to save it "The following repository path is already assigned to this working folder. $/Source/". So I checked the working folder for $/Source which was indeed incorrect and I reset it to D:\Source. This seemed to resolve the problem for proj3.

However proj4 does the same thing. If I try to correct its working directory I get the same error "The following repository path is already assigned to this working folder. $/Source/".

If I now check the working folder for $/Source it is blank.

So, proj4 cannot be moved under SCC despite the fact that it is in the repository.

Any advice would be extremely welcome please.

Many thanks

John

Beth

Re: Problems with repository path and working folder

Post by Beth » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:18 am

Did you add the files using the Vault GUI client or the integration with Visual Studio?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

JohnBot

Post by JohnBot » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 am

Hi Beth, thanks for getting back to me.

Initially I added them through VS. Subsequently I removed the projects in VS, added them to the Source repository folder using Vault GUI and then tried to add them back in VS.

John

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:18 am

When adding using Vault, the project will be placed in whichever folder you selected regardless of the location on the physical hard drive. If you would like it to use the current location on the hard drive, it would be better to use the Detect New Files/Folders instead as the method for adding.

You could either move the parent folder to the location where you wish it to reside in Vault, or you can delete it and add it again.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support