Vault Professional Work Item Tracking Pane is not enabled

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
joconnell

Vault Professional Work Item Tracking Pane is not enabled

Post by joconnell » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:24 pm

We just upgraded from Vault Version 5.0.1 to Vault Professional Version 9.1.0.
The old database for Vault Version 5.0.1 was converted/upgraded to the new Vault Professional Version 9.1.0.
When I installed the Vault Profession Client, I expected to be able to now work with the Work Item Tracking Pane, but that pane and it's tool bar is disabled(grayed out).
I also have no access to the Work Item Tracking thru the Web Client.
I've checked the Vault Professional Options and Vault Professional Work Item Integration is checked for being Enabled.

Need some help here getting this feature enabled.

Thanks

jclausius

Re: Vault Professional Work Item Tracking Pane is not enable

Post by jclausius » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:48 pm

The tool bar will be disabled until there is a valid project selected. Within the GUI client, go to the Vault Professional Work Items tab. After logging in, are there any projects listed on the left hand side?

Was your previous edition Vault Professional or Vault Standard? If it was from Vault Standard, you will first need to create 'Projects' to contain related Work Items. This is found in the Web Admin tool -> Admin (tab) -> Item Tracking Projects -> Add button (top right).

Check permissions to ensure any user accounts have access to work item projects.

Documentation for some of this can be found at :
http://download.sourcegear.com/VaultPro ... ghelp.html
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

joconnell

Post by joconnell » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Ok, I've now got that working and have created a project and have been able to upon check-in been able to see associated changesets created.

Question:
Is there a way to add items to the associated changesets after the check-in was done.
Let's say you were doing several individual check-ins and you missed adding one of the check-ins to the project.
Is there a way to go in after the check-in and associate a file that is already checked into Vault to the project?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 am

Yes.

First, you'll need to be logged into the system as the user who made the transaction. Next look up the transaction the logged in user made, make note of the comment and/or date and time of the transaction you wish to link to the work item. Next, open the item. Scroll down to the 'Associated Commits' section. If you have a comment, you can type it into the 'filtering' field for the associated commit; otherwise, put focus on the text field.

The commits should be presented in a drop down, scroll to the target change set , and then click the (+) to link the changeset to the work item. Nothing else is needed in the web client. However, if you are using the GUI client, you'll need to 'Save' the changes for the work item.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

joconnell

Post by joconnell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks. This works great! :D

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 pm

NP. Glad you are up and running, and welcome to Vault Pro!
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear