Undo checkout not always available in Vault Client search pa

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Carl

Undo checkout not always available in Vault Client search pa

Post by Carl » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Sorry, I can't give reliable conditions to reproduce this.

I often do a recursive checkout status search to find all checked out files under a folder. Then when I select a file or a group of files in the search pane, the context menu option to undo check out is disabled. The "check in" option is enabled and warns me that I have the file checked out to a different location. This is not true ... the files are checked out in their working folders. They are correctly displayed as checked out in the file view pane and all operations work from there.

As far as I know this happens only after files are checked out by a program I wrote that uses ServerOperations.ProcessCommandCheckout. It doesn't always cause the problem though. It uses version 9.1.0.30584 of your libraries. I am using Vault Client of the same version on Windows 10.

No amount of refreshing views or restarting the client seems to recover the ability to undo.

Thanks
-- Carl

Beth

Re: Undo checkout not always available in Vault Client searc

Post by Beth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:58 pm

I haven't heard of this happening before, so I would like to take a closer look at it. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Carl

Post by Carl » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Beth helped me resolve this. The search pane hides the checkin/checkout options if the local files are missing on the disk. This is different from the file view pane which always offers the options. (It should probably hide checkin because what are you gonna check in?)

Thanks,
Carl

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:11 am

If the file is unmodified, a check in will actually preform an undo check out. There are other users who want a check in even if there no changes, and that's an option as well.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support