Obliteration (again)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BigBrett

Obliteration (again)

Post by BigBrett » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:11 am

Two part question dealing with the part of Vault I really dislike, obliteration.

I am trying to obliterate deleted items from a trunk project and a single branched project. I ran "Branch after Share" on all items I wanted to delete such that there were no indicated shares left.

I then deleted the items from the branched project and from the trunk project, working in the opposite direction to that which was used to create the original shares.

I then obliterated deleted items in the same way that the deletions were done.

I am now in the trunk project folders where the original items were placed before all the shares were done and am unable to obliterate the deleted items.

I get an error message when trying to obliterate these items that says all branches of an item must be obliterated, yet it is unable to specify where the branched item resides.

I have checked to see that all relevant items have been deleted and obliterated so how can I now get rid of the last remaining items ?

Note that the items I am trying to delete are third-party libraries that have a version number in their names so I am not interested in retaining any history, I just want to clean up the repository.

The second part is also related to obliteration but in a different manner.

I have a project folder for something that was abandoned a while back. I now want to get completely rid of this folder, all its sub-folders and every single item in it, shared or not.

How can I do this easily without having to go through the whole process of branching shares, deleting items and folders and obliterating (and possibly ending up in the same situation as stated in the first part) ?

Beth

Re: Obliteration (again)

Post by Beth » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:00 pm

You can use the Vault GUI client and the Show History to search for items branched from what you are trying to delete.

Also, anything that's been deleted should show up in the Obliterate window, so you could use that to search for a branch of what you are trying to delete.

You can also try the Advanced Obliterate Client: http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/powerto ... _powertoys.

If none of these help, since you have maintenance, you can send an email to support at sourcegear.com with a link to this forum thread and we can assist directly.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support