Object Reference error when trying to access Vault

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
baclay

Object Reference error when trying to access Vault

Post by baclay » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:12 am

Vault Professional 6.1.0

I'm getting the following error msg. Vault has been working fine for a long time and all of a sudden I get this message:

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
VaultServiceBase.VaultLogManager.LogException(Exception e) +53
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.LogException(Exception e) +25
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetOpenSqlConn(VaultServiceDBConnectType vsDbType, VaultSqlConn& conn) +233
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.GetRepositories(Int32 nUserID, Int32 nRepID, Boolean bAdminMode, VaultRepositoryInfoColl& reps) +43
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultRepositoryInfoCache.Reset() +108
VaultService.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2379

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9966077
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9947444
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +261

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1055.0

Beth

Re: Object Reference error when trying to access Vault

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 am

What actions are you performing when you get that error?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

baclay

Post by baclay » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

I was trying to run Vault from web browser, the Client, and Vault plug-in for Viusual studio 8. But I rebooted my computer and it is working agiain. I have no idea why that worked, but thanks for your response.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear you are working.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support