Cannot checkin modified files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tschneider

Cannot checkin modified files

Post by tschneider » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:05 am

Hi,

i have a problem running checkin from Vault VS2017 Plugin & Client.
I get message "There were no item found for check in", but i have definitively modified some source files.
Same issue occurs in Vault Client too.

Background:
I had to recover some .csproj files after a strange load of solution in VS2017 and now it seems that something is damaged.

How can I csolve this?
I am using lastest Vault Releases on Server & Client (V10.0.0. #30736)

-Thomas

Beth

Re: Cannot checkin modified files

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 am

Save all your files and close Visual studio. Can you then check in from the Vault GUI client?

If not, then try performing a Get Latest with Attempt Automatic Merge. If the file isn't there, Vault will pull a copy down. Then check to see if the statuses change. Any change? Try to perform a Show Differences to make sure changes are present.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tschneider

Post by tschneider » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 am

I do all the thing you wrote but neither i can checkin with VS Plugin nor with Client GUI.

How can i force a re-checkin of all files of specific date or is there another way to repair it?

-Thomas

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:12 am

On the second part I mentioned, did the status of the files in the Vault GUI client change? What is the current status? Can you post a screenshot?

Please close Visual Studio completely, so we can troubleshoot one at a time. In order to repair this, we have to go through the troubleshooting steps so that I can figure out the root cause.

In your Vault GUI client, take a screenshot of your pending change set window that shows what you are trying to check in and what state it's in.
Beth Kieler

tschneider

Post by tschneider » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 am

Hello,

i do a quick fix by restoring some .csproj from repository.
After checked-out my modified files i was able to check-in. All is working now but i have final questions:
- Is it possible to determine all renegade files at once and make a bulk check-in from VS-Plugin?
- How can i determine files attached to my VS projects but not added to repository (like in this accidently case)?

thanks

Thomas

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 am

- Is it possible to determine all renegade files at once and make a bulk check-in from VS-Plugin?
You will need to use the Search function, and it would be best to use the Vault GUI client. You would find all the renegades, then check them out in the Search Window, and then check them in from the Search Window. Don't have the Search Window auto-update, because you don't want to lose your list in the window. If you do, then search on files with the Edited status and check those in.
- How can i determine files attached to my VS projects but not added to repository (like in this accidently case)?
You could use the Detect Files/Folders function in Vault on the top folder of the project, and any not added already should show up there.
Beth Kieler