Work Item attachments get same description on Save

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tficken2

Work Item attachments get same description on Save

Post by tficken2 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi folks,

We're using Work Items via the web client. When I enter a Work Item with multiple attachments, all attachments get the same (the last one) attachment Description. To dupe:

1) Press Add to enter a new Work Item. Fill in any required fields.
2) Time to add Attachments. Press the green plus icon to get Add an Attachment window.
3) Right click in that window and select Paste to paste a screenshot. A green plus with "image.png" appears to indicate that my screenshot is there.
4) In Description where it says "Attachment Description" I enter "Before".
5) Press Add to save this attachment to the issue.

6) Add a second Attachment. Press the green plus icon to get Add an Attachment window.
7) Right click in that window and select Paste to paste a screenshot. A green plus with "image.png" appears to indicate that my screenshot is there.
8) In Description where it says "Attachment Description" I enter "After".
9) Press Add to save this attachment to the issue.

10) Press Save (at the top) and see that both of the attachments are labeled "AFTER".

This will make it very difficult to write up a bug and say, "See the values in the attached "Before" screen shot, and then see how they are incorrect in the "After" screenshot." The workaround is to not add multiple attachments until the Work Item has been saved.

Thanks!

Tara

Tonya

Re: Work Item attachments get same description on Save

Post by Tonya » Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the details. We were able to reproduce the issue and the problem has officially been logged.

F:19958

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear