File Exclusion not working with detect new files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
PureShem

File Exclusion not working with detect new files

Post by PureShem » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 am

Greetings,
Running Value on Windows Server 2019, v10.0.2.
I have additional file exclusions now set globally so when running the client the appear by default.
When running the very cool feature 'Detect New Files', the files in the exclusion list are not excluded.
As you can see in the attachment, .bak and .scc files are still showing in the list of new files detected.
Am I doing something wrong or have misunderstood how this works?
Thanks, Gregory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tonya

Re: File Exclusion not working with detect new files

Post by Tonya » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 am

Hello,

The exclude list is defined in the Admin Web Client and making changes to it here does not update the default list. Can you confirm the .bak exclusion was added in the Admin Web Client?

Changing this list does not go back and re-apply the exclusion rules to already checked folders, since it is possible you could have already made changes to the file list that cause it to not follow the exclusion rules. If you want to re-apply the exclusion rules, you need to uncheck the folder, then check it again.

I should also clarify that excluding the files in this dialog does not keep the files from appearing. What it does is prevent the files from automatically being added when selecting a preceding folder to be added to Vault.

Let me know if the information above does not help.

Thanks,

Ann