Admin transfer

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
HKroll

Admin transfer

Post by HKroll » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 am

Hi,
We lost our previous Vault admin in a mass layoff, and I'm trying to figure out how to take over her admin duties. She provided me with her username and password, and a url for the admin website. Unfortunately, the URL doesn't seem to go anywhere. Can anyone provide a very simple overview of the steps I should be taking now? Do I need any more information from our previous admin?

Also, I tried to look up the Admin User guide [sourcegear.com/vault > documentation > Vault Standard Administrator Manual (HTML)]. It led to a 404 error...is this document no longer available?
Thanks!

Tonya

Re: Admin transfer

Post by Tonya » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:43 am

Hello,

You can access the Vault Admin Tool using the link below:

http://VaultServerName/VaultService/VaultWeb/Login.aspx

Replace VaultServerName with the name of your Vault Server. Or you can access it on the Vault Server machine by using localhost instead of the server name. It is also available from the Windows icon - SourceGear Vault Professional - Admin Web Client.

Sorry about the 404 error with the Vault Pro Admin Guide. Although the error appears, the content for the admin guide is still there. To view the information, select a topic under the Table of Contents column on the left. Thank you for reporting the 404 error. I will work on getting this resolved.

Tonya

HKroll

Re: Admin transfer

Post by HKroll » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 am

Thank you very much!
Thanks!