FailDBConn error, Connection errors during reinstall

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
chris.oi

FailDBConn error, Connection errors during reinstall

Post by chris.oi » Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 am

Ok first I apologize, I came into a situation where we are currently running Fortress 2.02.18753. We had upgraded to SQL 2016 a while back and everything has been working without issue. We had to make some DNS changes over the weekend on the IIS server and now are getting FailDBConn errors when trying to login. Fortress is installed on an IIS server along with several other sites all of which are working ok. I can connect to the sql server using the vault credentials no problems, but vault will not connect.

After searching here and google I decided to do a reinstall, during the connection portion it is throwing a connection error, Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index. Now it is broken completely, we get a 500 internal server error when trying to load the page.

I also tried running the install with v6.1 hoping that would resolve the issue. No luck. Any ideas what the issue is? we are completely stuck.

Thanks

Tonya

Re: FailDBConn error, Connection errors during reinstall

Post by Tonya » Mon May 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Hello,

My first suggestion is to upgrade to Vault Pro 10.x. Fortress 2.x and/or Vault Pro 6.x is not compatible with SQL Server SQL Server 2016 and this is likely the problem:

https://www.sourcegear.com/vault/docume ... chart.html

Thanks,

Tonya

chris.oi

Post by chris.oi » Mon May 11, 2020 5:09 pm

At this point I would be ok with a fresh install of v10, but getting the same error on any of the installers. Whether I use the v6 installer and try to do an upgrade or the v10 install fresh on a different server. I have attached images of the error as well as the connection string being used. Also verified prerequisites for install.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon May 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Could you email us a copy of the Vault Service web.config file?

Along with a copy of the Vault Server installation log. It's called Vault_install.log and is in your user's temp directory on the server machine.

Please email them to support@sourcegear.com.

Thanks,

Tonya

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue May 12, 2020 8:30 am

Hello again,

By any chance, does your SQL Admin password have a special character in it? If so, can you please temporarily change it to allow the Vault installer to work properly? There is a bug in the installer if there are special characters in the password. We are currently working on fixing this for our next 10.1 release.

Thanks,

Tonya