No Cancel for Vault Login (VS IDE client)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jboy

No Cancel for Vault Login (VS IDE client)

Post by jboy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:34 am

Why is there no Cancel button the Vault Login box?

I have two choises: Ok and Work Offline. I want to cancel.

I have two options: 1) work offline (the repository is available so i dont want to go through that AGAIN), or 2) Use Task Manager to Abort Visual Studio.

Lame!!

While I'm at it - it is lame that Vault, or is it just the VS IDE client?, has resolved the host name for my vault server into an IP address. It did this on its own accord; my server's IP address has changed and it means I have to rebind my solution EVERY TIME i open it.

Grrr!

jboy

/boggle

Post by jboy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:45 am

My apologies ... it wasn't Vault, but one of the other users.

Someone had bound their projects using IP address instead of the host name. Since the IP address change they'd not been able to the VS IDE and in disgust had reverted to using the regular client to upload their "infected" project files.

Gots-to love that version history. :)

</crisis>

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:52 am

I'm glad to hear you sorted out the IP address issue.

It's funny you should ask about the lack of a cancel button in the project login. We talked about this a lot, during the initial development. I agree that it's lame.

We tried to figure out a way to make it work. The problem is that by the time Visual Studio gets us involved, the open is already underway: Visual Studio gives us no way to stop the solution from loading at that point.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear