Annoyance using Vault and Fortress at the same time

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nemoby

Annoyance using Vault and Fortress at the same time

Post by nemoby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:34 am

I use both the enhanced Vault and Fortress clients (projects at work use Vault, a smaller side project uses Fortress). Within Visual Studio, I am unable to use the same keyboard mappings for both clients as VS will only allow you to assign a particular keyboard map to one or the other. Not sure there is anything that can be done on your end on this?

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 am

Interesting. I'm not sure, off the top of my head, why this is the case, but I'll log a bug to investigate it. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Actually, after thinking about it for a minute, I get it. The commands are listed for each client (Vault and Fortress) individually, and Visual Studio won't let you assign the same keystroke to commands that are, as far as its concerned, different. I'm not sure if/how we can resolve this, but the bug is logged.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

nemoby

Post by nemoby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:55 am

Ian, I really think this is a design issue and not a bug. The VS command names are different for Vault and Fortress. Example: for check in, you have both File.CheckInFortressVSEnhancedClient and File.CheckInVaultVSEnhancedClient. VS will only allow you to assign Ctrl+Shift+C to one or the other.

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:01 am

I guess it depends on how you define a bug. :) It's a bug in the sense that it's an unintended consequence of the existing code. To fix it, we'd essentially need to have a single command "span" the the two clients, Vault and Fortress. I'm not sure this is possible, but we'll look into it.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear