Improved Vault 4.1 -> FogBugz 6.1.13 Integration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kbonnin

Improved Vault 4.1 -> FogBugz 6.1.13 Integration

Post by kbonnin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Jeremy,

What I want is better integration between Vault and FB. Specifically, for each checkin I want to list the checkin comments and the files as a single entry for the FB case (much like dragnet, in fact!) The current integration doesn't do that.

I've been working with your lovely plugin template:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9628

I've made a few modifications, upgrading to VS 2005 then a dozen or so code changes to work with the 4.1.1 libraries I have on my machine (mostly objects moved to different assemblies). It's working just great.

I'm about to now catch the EndTx event and actually create these entries in FB with their API, and it dawned on me that perhaps someone has already done this.

Do you know of any publically available plugin to do this? If not, I'll write my own and be happy to share it back to the community.

regards,

Ken

kbonnin

Post by kbonnin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:50 pm

Oh, and if I am going to build this, can you tell me how to retrieve the bug number in the OnTxEnd event that was entered in the Vault Client "Commit" dialog?

thanks!
k.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Unfortunately, I have only bad news for you.

1. I don't know of anyone who has written something like this.
2. We don't expose "associated" bugs with FogBugz. In fact, Vault doesn't store those bug IDs anywhere. You would need to put the bug IDs in the comment, and use the comment in your plugin.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog

kbonnin

Post by kbonnin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:47 pm

No worries, man. I'll do something like:

<casenumber>: This is the checkin comment

As in:

6321: This is the checkin comment.

You'll soon have a kick-butt fogbuz plugin to share with the community. Thanks for your help!

k.